By Astrid Lee, copyright 2007.
Getting a Reiki treatment is an investment in you. I’d like to take a moment to share tips on Reiki treatment effectiveness and time management, that will help you heal faster & more enjoyably, and that maximizes the time you actually receive Reiki during treatment.
1. Keep an open mind and be willing to change for your highest good.
Openness is the only requirement for Reiki to work. You don’t need to believe in it, but you must be open to it.
2. Drink lots of water prior, during and after a Reiki treatment.
Your body needs fluids to detoxify.
3. Sleep well the night before and the week after a Reiki treatment.
Your body needs sleep to heal and repair itself.
4. Do your mantras.
Before & during the Reiki treatment, give your self the mantra: “I’m willing to change for my highest good. I’m open and receptive to healing.” Choose something similar using in your own words. During treatment, this mantra keeps you in the present moment and avoids your mind wandering off to your ‘to do list’ of that day. Mantras & affirmations must always be in the present tense and be positive statements.
5. Keep a healing journal jotting down subtle changes.
Journaling has many benefits: it helps you crystalize your thoughts; it helps you get in touch with your sub-concious and deeper emotions, it helps you to release emotions so you can get in touch with what’s behind these emotions, it creates an overview for you to start seeing a healing process, and last but not least, it offers you a record of healing that you can refer to years later when working on a completely different issue giving you belief that you can heal successfully again.
6. Right after treatment, write down any clairaudient messages that were received for your healing.
Sometimes, advanced Reiki practitioners or Reiki Masters become clairaudient when treating people with Reiki. If your practitioner gives you what I call in my practice ‘Reiki Messages for your Healing’, then write these down. My most successful Reiki client is a diligent recorder of her specific messages and she works with these messages during the week(s) after the treatment.
7. If possible, have all your administration already dealt with prior to the appointment: intake form, contact details, payment. You can easily waste a third of your treatment time with administrative matters. Not needed. My clients can complete all administration online prior to treatment. I’m informed when they come in and we can start right away.
8. Lie down on the treatment table as soon as possible.
Beyond common greetings, there is no need to take a lot of time for small talk upon arrival at your appointment.
9. Go to the bathroom before you leave your home or office rather than during the appointment time. Having said this, I realize that Reiki creates bodily releases and it is quite normal to have to go to the bathroom after treatment. Further, you will in my practice always be suggested to drink plenty of fluids during and right after treatment to help you detoxify.
10. Read up on what Reiki is all about before your treatment.
By reading up ahead of time you save valuable treatment time and won’t asking questions whose answers you could have found on the web. Instead, you may find yourself asking more advanced questions that can further your insights and healing process.
Bonus. Cleanse your aura beforehand, IFyou know how to do this.
Sweeping your aura is easy and effective. Sometimes clients do this before coming in for treatment, and I find it beneficial. I still clear their aura at the beginning of a treatment, but I find I can do it really fast. Also, the client seems to be in a mindset that’s conducive to healing. Don’t worry about this if you don’t know how to clear your aura. Your Reiki practitioner will do this for you.
About the Author
Astrid Lee is a Reiki Master Teacher, currently operating from Vancouver, Canada. Her clients and students come from all over Canada and the United States.
Book your distance Reiki treatment with her today, or enquire about one of her classes.
Reiki Healing says
Reiki healing does not heal a patient overnight and healers should not promise an instant cure, since this cannot be guaranteed. However, most people may be able to notice immediate results such as pain relief or relaxation, but it is recommended that 3 or 4 sessions at a time are needed in order to confidently shift the energy channeling for your healing path.
Oneness World Healing says
Yes, I agree. Almost all clients I work with need a mini-series of treatments to heal the core issue(s) they came in with.
My website actually states that 3-4 sessions are needed — which seems to be the industry norm/experience: http://therapeuticreiki.com/distanthealing.html
Beyond this, there is a core of clients developing who are coming back regularly, say (bi-)monthy, for health maintenance, … to heal from what comes up over time.
Namaste, Astrid Lee